Ebike Batteries Return Policy
You may return most new, unopened items within 14 days of delivery for a full refund of your purchase (minus shipping costs). Return eligibility starts from the date you received the goods. If the reasons for return are due to an error by Ebike Batteries then your shipping costs will be refunded in addition to the value of the goods being returned. To qualify for a full refund returned goods must be in unused condition, including accessories, manuals and original packaging.
Customer returns need to be authorised by Ebike Batteries before the return process is started. If a customer simply sends an item without establishing contact with us first, a refund may be deferred or not offered at all. It is possible the customer may even need to pay for the item to be sent back to them.
Approved returns have their choice of store credit, exchange, or refund.
Due to the nature of certain products (namely eBikes and batteries) return may not be possible. Please contact us so we can discuss the matter further and find an amicable solution.
Please note return processing can take on average anywhere from 1-14 workings days upon receipt of your returned goods..
- Items that have been physically damaged, or show signs of use and ware will be subject to a restocking fee. The percentage applied is solely at the discretion of Ebike Batteries and will be dependant on the amount of damage.
- You need to keep a copy of your shipping invoice for the return as proof of what you were charged. Ebike Batteries will not offer refunds on shipping costs without an invoice from the customer.
- Refunds are issued to the original form of payment. If this is not possible, we can gladly offer store credit or an exchange.
- Misused or improperly cared for items (such as being left out in the elements, or signs of physical abuse/accident/neglect) are not eligible for a refund.
- Refused Items: In the event that the shipping error is due to an error by Ebike Batteries, you will be fully credited and or items will be reshipped at our expense. On all other refused orders, the customer will be charged a 10% restocking fee plus all freight charges. If the customer wants the order reshipped, the freight charges will be added.
- Keep your shipping receipt until you have received exchanged item.
- Items returned for any reason, be it in person or via post, in their original ‘new’ condition and packaging within 14 days of purchase are subject to a 10% restocking fee. If the item is returned as faulty it will be inspected and depending on the outcome, a refund may or may not be given. If a refund is honoured, this may be a partial refund.
- Working Items returned after 30 days of purchase will not be refunded and it is eBike Batteries’ discretion to charge for return of the item if the customer requests a return.
Our Return Address is:
1a Gateway Mews
- We always recommend using an established courier that provides clear tracking information when returning your items. Avoid using budget couriers with a poor reputation who provide little to no tracking information.
- For the fastest processing, please ensure you enclose a copy of your purchase invoice. Failing that, your name, address and contact information. Please also state whether you would like a refund, exchange, or store credit.
- Please take the time to pack your item carefully, as we cannot issue full refunds on items damaged during shipping. You have to consider that the item may be dropped, thrown or placed under heavy items during transit.
- If a return is authorised it is expected to be sent back to us within a reasonable timeframe, i.e. a few months. If this is not done only a portion of the value of the return will be eligible for being credited back
International Customers (outside the United Kingdom)
Due to the complex nature of international shipping, exchange rates, duties, taxes, and customs are regrettably non-refundable.
An international order that is ‘refused’ is considered abandoned by the customer (the consignee) and will not be eligible for a return or refund, as the shipment is then considered abandoned and will be discarded/destroyed.
- Refunds may be issued as either a Credit Card refund or as Store Credit.
- Goods with manufacturer’s defect will be accepted for replacement.
- Refused Items: Please note that by refusing your item you forfeiting the item and it is considered abandoned. As such it will not be eligible for any return refund as it cannot be returned to us.
- Keep your shipping receipt until you have received exchanged item.
- All international orders must be sent back at purchaser’s expense.
- Your order total is guaranteed at the exchange rate set when your order is placed. Foreign exchange rates are determined by your issuing banks or by Paypal. Please note that foreign orders may incur additional exchange fees based on the discretion of your bank – if for any reason the order is cancelled these fees are not charged by us, they are charged by the bank.
- International taxes, tariffs are COD (Collect on Delivery) and are determined by the carrier based on the classification and country of origin or manufacturing. Many carriers offer their buyer to provide their own customer clearance – contact your courier for more information. Duties, taxes and tariffs are at the discretion of the carrier, and are non-refundable and non-negotiable by Ebike Batteriess. Negotiations, refunds, and disputes are between you (the customer) and the courier.
Refund Policy for newly built/re-celled batteries
Unless there is a legitimate reason, generally we do not provide refunds on battery new builds or re-cells. It is a time-consuming process that requires a very high level of electronics expertise to build a Li-ion battery pack. If we can prove that the battery is working beyond reasonable doubt, the only compromise we can offer in this regard is to take back our cells and offer a pro rata refund.
Refunds are offered at our discretion.
Regarding processing refunds
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
Troubleshooting instead of Return of Goods
The eBike community is ever growing and there are lots of helpful and technically minded people out there. If you are thinking of returning your item due to an ergonomic reason for example, reach out to others who may be able to offer you a solution that may not have been immediately apparent to you. Don’t be scared to ask for help!