Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE. All site users agree that access to and use of this site are subject to the following terms and conditions as well other applicable law. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use this site.
- Orders can take 24 to 72 hours to be processed.
- All prices are subject to change without notice.
- Prices and images are subject to change without notice.
- Minor aesthetic substitutions may be made when necessary, please contact us if there is an issue
- We are not responsible for typographical or illustrative errors.
- We accept most credit cards (Visa, MasterCard) as well as PayPal and Bank Transfer. Please note that we reserve the right to not accept PayPal for certain particular products and instead request for an alternative method of payment.
- If we cannot re-cell/repair a battery for technical reasons outside of our control (e.g. parts not available), in such situations we still charge £25.00 nominal fee for the collection/return of the battery. Depending on the circumstances, we may also charge a nominal labour fee.
Inherent Risks of Lithium-Ion Battery Usage
- Lithium-Ion batteries (and other rechargeable batteries) are potentially hazardous and dangerous when subjected to abusive conditions. As such, they can become hot, explode or ignite thus causing serious injury to person or damage property. This is known as ‘Thermal Runaway’. Ebike Batteries holds no responsibility for any injury or damage caused by thermal runaway of Lithium-Ion batteries (or other rechargeable batteries). You, the purchaser and/or user of any Lithium-Ion battery or product containing Lithium-Ion batteries are responsible for the use of such products.
- When using a Lithium-Ion battery never connect the positive and negative terminals of the battery to each other with any conductive material (also known as a “short”, “short-circuit” or “shorting” the battery). This will cause the battery to rapidly discharge energy into the conductive material, heating both the material and the battery and potentially causing injury or damage from the battery or material becoming hot, igniting and/or exploding. Never store your battery with any conductive materials that may short the battery such as necklaces, hairpins, watches or other metal objects.
- Keeping your battery in a safe location can help reduce, but not completely eliminate, the risks associated with using a Lithium-Ion battery. Never expose your battery to water (especially salt water) or allow the battery to get wet. Avoid storing the battery in any location where it may come into contact with water. When not in use keep your battery at room temperature (20-25 Degrees), and out of direct sunlight. Do not place the battery in or near fire, stoves, microwaves, or other heat generating devices.
- Always turn your battery off when not in use and never charge your battery when unattended. Do not overcharge the battery (ensure you use the charger provided). When using smart chargers, be aware that damaged or malfunctioning batteries can still become overcharged and become hot, ignite, or explode. As such, never charge your battery unattended, even when using a Smart Charger.
- Immediately discontinue charge/discharge of the battery if it emits an odour, feels hot, changes shape or colour, or appears exhibits any other abnormal behaviour.. Never use water to cool down an overheated battery. Never compress, put excessive pressure on, or puncture your battery. In the event you come into physical contact from the acid of the battery, rinse the area well with water or vinegar and immediately seek medical care.
- Our minimum handling charge to repair and/or diagnose a fault with of a battery is £50.00. eBike batteries are complicated devices containing electronics, so even to diagnose a fault can take time and in some cases, means fixing things as you go along to get to the source of the problem.
- If the battery is repairable we will give a final price to have the battery repaired. If the customer refuses to proceed with the repair, the £50.00 is a flat rate and is applicable irrespective of the time taken to look at your battery and/or whether or not a repair is even applicable (inability to obtain parts etc).
- Due to the nature of eBike batteries and the many varying traits of Li-ion chemistry, we do not offer any warranty on repairs that involve cell revival and/or cell balancing. It is impossible to predict how an existing Li-ion battery pack will react to these kinds of repairs.
- Any other repairs will be guaranteed for 3 months.
- Your shipping/handling fee is determined by the package’s weight, value and destination. Value is also determined for insurance purposes. Some orders can be shipped in multiple packages.
- Unless otherwise specified, all shipments are sent by an established courier of our choice. Quicker, express services are available upon request and additional charges will be incurred.
- Shipping & Handling charge is calculated based on weight and number of packages.
- We do not ship to APO/FPO military address or P.O Box addresses.
- The customer is responsible for taxes and custom duties where applicable (check your location’s Custom laws).
- All orders must be cancelled within 48 hours. While we may attempt to cancel / hold / make changes if the order has not shipped, depending on how far into the process we are it may not be possible to cancel.
- Once the order has shipped it cannot be cancelled.
Product warranties are not valid for any kind commercial/industrial use where excessive usage and/or excessive weight transportation is required (rickshaw, pedicab, delivery vehicle, rental company).
This site and the materials and products on this site are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, Ebike Batteries disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Ebike Batteries does not represent or warrant that the functions contained in the site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that the defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes the site available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Ebike Batteries does not make any warrantees or representations regarding the use of the materials in this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, adequacy, usefulness, timeliness, reliability or otherwise. Some countries do not permit limitations or exclusions on warranties, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
If you experience a problem we will still do our best to help you, and encourage anyone having problems to contact us.
Acceptable Use Policy
- These terms and conditions are applicable to you upon your accessing the site and/or completing the registration or shopping process. These terms and conditions, or any part of them, may be terminated by Ebike Batteries without notice at any time, for any reason. The provisions relating to Copyrights, Trademark, Disclaimer, Limitation of Liability, Indemnification and Miscellaneous, shall survive any termination.
- Harassment in any form on the site, including via e-mail, chat, or by use of obscene or abusive language, is not tolerated. Impersonation of others, including a Ebike Batteries employee, host, or representative, as well as other members or visitors on the site is prohibited.
- You may not upload to, distribute, or otherwise publish through the site any content which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, illegal, or otherwise objectionable which may constitute or encourage a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party or which may otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law. You may not upload commercial content on the site or use the site to solicit others to join or become members of any other commercial online service or other organisation.
- You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Ebike Batteries, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers (collectively the “Service Providers”) from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable solicitors’ fees, resulting from any violation of these terms and conditions or any activity related to your account (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing the site using your Internet account.
All trademarks, service marks and trade names of Ebike Batteries used in the site are trademarks or registered trademarks of Ebike Batteries
Limitation of Liability
Ebike Batteries shall not be liable for any special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials on this site, sold by Ebike Batteries, or the performance of the products, even if Ebike Batteries has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some products sold by Ebike Batteries are for Off-road use only. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Ebike Batteries, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers (collectively the “Service Providers”) from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including solicitors’ fees, resulting from any violation of these terms and conditions or any activity related to your account (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing the site using your Internet account.
Any content included in this site, including but not limited to text, graphics or code is copyrighted as a collective work under the United Kingdom and other copyright laws, and is the property of Ebike Batteries. The collective work includes works that are licensed to Ebike Batteries. Copyright 2020, Ebike Batteries ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print hard copy portions of this site for the sole purpose of placing an order with Ebike Batteries or purchasing Ebike Batteries products.
You may display and, subject to any expressly stated restrictions or limitations relating to specific material, download or print portions of the material from the different areas of the site solely for your own non-commercial use, or to place an order with Ebike Batteries or to purchase Ebike Batteries products. Any other use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of the content of this site is strictly prohibited, unless authorized by Ebike Batteries. You further agree not to change or delete any proprietary notices from materials downloaded from the site.
In the event that a Ebike Batteries product is mistakenly listed with incorrect information and/or price, Ebike Batteries reserves the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for said product. Ebike Batteries reserves the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your payment method has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, Ebike Batteries shall issue a credit to your payment method in the amount of the incorrect price.
These terms and conditions are applicable to you upon your accessing the site and/or completing the registration or shopping process. These terms and conditions, or any part of them, may be terminated by Ebike Batteries without notice at any time, for any reason.
Ebike Batteries reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate or refuse you access to this site and the related services or any portion thereof, or to terminate your accounts and/or cancel orders at any time, without notice, if Ebike Batteries believes that your conduct violates the terms and conditions contained herein or applicable law or is harmful to the interests of Ebike Batteries or its other customers. The provisions relating to Copyrights, Trademarks, Disclaimers, Limitations of Liability, and Indemnification and Miscellaneous shall survive cessation or termination of your use of this site.
Ebike Batteries may deliver notice to you by means of e-mail, a general notice on the site, or by other reliable method to the address you have provided to Ebike Batteries.
Ebike Batteries does not and cannot review all communications and materials posted to or created by users accessing the site. Ebike Batteries is not responsible for the content of these communications and materials. You acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to view and distribute user-generated content on the site, Ebike Batteries is merely acting as a passive conduit for such distribution and is not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to any contents or activities on the site. However, Ebike Batteries reserves the right to block or remove communications or materials that it determines to be (a) abusive, defamatory, or obscene, (b) fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading, (c) in violation of a copyright, trademark or; other intellectual property right of another or (d) offensive or otherwise unacceptable to Ebike Batteries
Your use of this site shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the United Kingdom without regard to conflicts of law principles, and not in any way by the 1980 U.N. Convention on contracts for the international sale of goods. You agree that jurisdiction over and venue in any legal proceeding directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to this site (including but not limited to the purchase of products sold by Ebike Batteries) shall be in the city of London (and agree not to commence any litigation relating thereto except in such courts). Any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to this site (including but not limited to the purchase of products sold by Ebike Batteries) must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises. Ebike Batteries’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provisions of these terms and conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any of these terms and conditions. Ebike Batteries may assign its rights and duties under this Agreement to any party at any time without notice to you.
Use of the site is unauthorised in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Ebike Batteries as a result of your use of this site. Ebike Batteries’s performance hereunder is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained herein shall be construed to be in derogation of Ebike Batteries’s right or duty to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of this site or information provided to or gathered by Ebike Batteries with respect to such use. If any part or provision of these Terms & Conditions of Use is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these Terms & Conditions of Use shall continue in effect. Unless otherwise specified herein, the Terms & Conditions of Use specified herein constitute the entire agreement between you and Ebike Batteries with respect to this site and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between you and Ebike Batteries with respect to this site. A printed version of these Terms & Conditions of Use and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms & Conditions of Use to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
If you have any questions regarding Ebike Batteries’s Terms and Conditions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org